1. Can I use my CCR Username and Password to log into SAM?

  • No and Yes
  • You must create an account in SAM. If you want to use the same username and password that you used in CCR, you may.

2. Does it cost anything to register in or to use SAM?

  • The System for Award Management (SAM) is an Official U.S. Government system. There is NO fee to register for this site. Entities may register directly at no cost from this page. User guides and webinars are available under the Help tab.

3. Do I need to create a SAM account?

  • It depends
  • You DO NOT need an account in SAM if you want to search publicly available information. If it was publicly available in CCR, ORCA, or EPLS, it is publicly available in SAM
  • You DO need an account in SAM if
    • You want to see more than publicly available information. Accounts that are associated with a government email address will automatically have access to FOUO-level data, when logged in.
    • You want to save search queries so you can run them again later
    • You want to update your records or add information in SAM

4. When should I create my account in SAM?

  • If you had an active record in CCR, you have an active record in SAM. You do not need to do anything in SAM at this time, unless a change in your business circumstances requires a change in SAM in order for you to be paid or to receive an award. SAM will send notifications to the registered user via email 60, 30, and 15 days prior to expiration of the record. You can search for registered entities in SAM by typing the DUNS number or business name into the search box.
    • If you have opted out of the public search, your record will not display when you perform a public search. To see your record, you need to create an account in SAM and migrate your account from CCR.
  • If you are a government staff member and you need to access non-public data, you should create your account now.
  • If you are an entity with an expired record and you need to activate your record for an impending award opportunity, you should create your account now and migrate your roles from CCR.
    • NOTE: Once you update your record in SAM, it will take 48 to 72 hours to complete the TIN match and CAGE validation processes, just like it did in CCR. You will be notified via email when the process is complete and your record is active in SAM. SAM cannot expedite this process.
  • If you are an entity with an active record and you need to update information in order to get paid or receive an impending award, then you should create your account now and migrate your roles from CCR.

5. How do I create a SAM account?

  • Go to our registration page to register
  • Or, to register yourself go to
  • Click on Create an Account
  • Choose Individual account
  • Provide the requested information and submit
  • Receive the email from “notifications” and click through the link to validate your account
  • Log in at with the username and password you created

6. Do I need to migrate anything?

  • If you had access to edit a record in CCR, you need to migrate your CCR account before you can edit that record in SAM (see question 4 for guidance on when to migrate). If that CCR record has an associated ORCA record, once you migrate the CCR account, you will also have access to the ORCA record.
  • If you had access to edit a record in FedReg, you need to migrate your FedReg account before you can edit that record in SAM.
  • If you had exclusions roles in EPLS, you need to migrate your EPLS account.
  • If you had CCR Tools – Proprietary access you DO NOT need to migrate that role. Your account was created for you, your role was migrated for you. You received an email from regarding the process for getting access to your account.
  • If you had other roles in SAM (e.g., CCR Tools – Sensitive access, the ability to edit an entity record, the ability to add exclusions), then you can migrate those roles after you create your account in SAM.

If you need help with migration, please see the Quick Start Guide for Migration, which you can find in the SAM HELP section.

7. How do I find an entity’s small business status?

An entity’s size is based on the size metrics provided in comparison with the North American Industrial Classification codes and the Small Business Administration’s size standards table for each of those codes. An entity is not considered small or other than small as a whole but rather in terms of each of the NAICS in keeping with SBA regulations. Contracting Officers are required to check the representations and certifications created by the entity and then they determine the size of that entity for a given award.

  • Go to
  • Search for the entity
  • Click on View Details for the entity you need to view
  • Click on Representations and Certifications in the menu bar on the left
  • Scroll down to 52.212-3 or 52.219-1 and click on the provision. In some browser versions, this does not appear to be a hyper link. Mouse over the provision and click on it anyway. This will expand the record. Scroll down to view the NAICS table.
Print Friendly, PDF & Email